Warehouse Supervisor Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
13651 Dublin Ct
Stafford, TX 77477, US
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00AM - 3:30PM (Or until task complete)
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations is responsible for materials handling and product distribution in a distribution or manufacturing environment. Includes warehousing and fulfillment of materials and products, transportation, inventory management as well as demand, supply and manufacturing planning.
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
The Supervisor, Warehouse Operations supervises a team of Associates and ensures that pick, pack, and ship operations are safe, efficient, and of high quality. With responsibility for a day or night shift, the Supervisor continually monitors efficiency and quality metrics, assigns work and provides coaching to supervised staff, and addresses a variety of operational issues. The Supervisor directly contributes to Cardinal Health’s customer service reputation by ensuring that shipments are on-time and of high quality, develops the Warehouse Operations talent pool, and enhances operational excellence.
- Supervises the daily work assignments and performance of Group Leads and Associates. Tracks efficiency and productivity metrics to determine which tasks are behind- and ahead-of-schedule, and provides hands-on guidance to Associates to ensure that pick, pack, and ship tasks are completed correctly and safely.
- Ensures that all warehouse systems are ready and schedules and prioritizes the work that each Group Lead and team of Associates will complete. Tracks employee attendance and ensures necessary employee headcount to achieve objectives.
- Monitors continually productivity and quality metrics including cycle times, lines per hour, shortages, damaged units, missed dispatches, and missed scans, among others. Regularly reports on team performance to the Manager, Warehouse Operations.
- Determines the productivity or safety issue root cause and directs supervised staff on resolving the issue and maintaining operations. Promptly and thoroughly documents the issue and communicates the root cause and resolution to the Manager, Supervisors, and other internal stakeholders as necessary.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operations and mitigate risks within supervised team and broader warehouse operations. Provides input into operational excellence initiatives and ensures that there are implemented correctly within own area.
- Conducts performance evaluations and provides one-on-one feedback to encourage Associates’ development. Identifies Associates capable of working as Group Leads. Creates performance improvement plans for staff and administers discipline when necessary.
- Participates in the interviewing and selection of new Associates and provides trainings during employee onboarding.
Accountabilities in this role
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to process orders including accurately picking, performing quality control checks, sorting, consolidating freight, building and wrapping pallets, packing, loading and preparing the orders for shipment.
Qualifications4-8 years of experience preferred.BA, BS or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this levelCoordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations or business staffAdministers and exercises policies and proceduresEnsures employees operate within guidelinesDecisions have a direct impact to work unit operations and customersFrequently interacts with subordinates, customers, and peer groups at various management levelsInteractions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.