Sr.Analyst, Software Engineer (Java) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
5532 Spellmire Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45246, US
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Design and develop Backend APIs using restful services and front-end application
SkillsExcellent communication skills.Strong programming skills in Java and expertise in API and Web development.Experience with Cloud native technology and processes, including CI/CD pipelines and supporting technologies like Cloud Foundry, Concourse, dockers.Experience with Agile methodology and DevOps Practices.Exposure to modern web technologies such as Angular, Spring Boot.Experience with Node.js is a plus.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience3+ years experience in related field preferredWorking knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
What is expected of you and others at this levelApplies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasksWorks on projects of moderate scope and complexityIdentifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolveApplies judgment within defined parametersWork reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Dallas Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.