Sr. Advisor, Data Governance (Medical Product Master Data) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Analytics and Information Mgmt
What Data Governance contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Governance is responsible for the disciplined execution of governance programs and practices across all data.
- Applies knowledge and ability to define and/or operate against the vision/strategy of data and governance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of data governance modeling, tools, and practices.
- Identifies and manages data quality in alignment with the needs of the business and/or industry.
- Ensures complete protection of data with all policies as it relates to visibility and distribution.
- Identifies and communicates insights and potential upstream/downstream impacts and opportunities to customers, business and/or enterprise leaders.
- Exemplifies effective communication and change management skills to varying audiences.
The Senior Data Governance Advisor will be part of the Enterprise Data Organization and function as a data governance leader accountable for operationalizing, advancing, and maturing data governance capabilities across the enterprise. Primary focus will be on Product Master Data for the Medical Segment, with a focus on processes. They will act as a change agent and work in partnership with the Enterprise Data Organization and business stakeholders in the following ways:
- Responsible for defining and executing governance efforts in alignment with business goals, including charter development and measuring business value
- Facilitate workshops and conduct interviews to gather information on current state processes and pain points
- Represent and advocate for the Product Master Data Domain in new system implementations, integrations, multi-function process changes, and other projects of large scope.
- Conduct root cause analysis on data defects and lead improvement implementation efforts in alignment with demonstrated best practices
- Communicate project updates, requirements, data-driven insights, etc. to business leaders, technical leads, and IT
- Build partnerships with business and technical teams, facilitating cross-functional work with stakeholders
- Present at leadership meetings to gain agreement and approvals
- Document and maintain data governance artifacts including data flows, policies, standards, and procedures
- Monitor on-going status of product master data quality, and provide input to the development of new data quality rules
- Communicate complex information, implications of decisions, and opportunities for improvement to educate and encourage leaders to take action
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
What is expected of you and others at this levelApplies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projectsParticipates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goalsRecommends new practices, processes, metrics, or modelsWorks on or may lead complex projects of large scopeProjects may have significant and long-term impactProvides solutions which may set precedentIndependently determines method for completion of new projectsReceives guidance on overall project objectivesActs as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
The Colorado Department of Labor requires all employers to provide the following information for all positions that could be performed in the state of ColoradoAnticipated salary range: $74,000 - $135,500Bonus eligible: NoBenefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.