Software Engineering (Full Stack Java Developer & DevOps Engineer) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chicago, IL 60007, US
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
The DevSecOps team is a highly engaged team focused on DevSecOps, Automated Testing, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), building Self Service Web Portal for Solution Teams and passionate about enabling Cardinal Health’s mission.
At Cardinal, we expect all our engineers to be full-stack developers that can work in each technical layer of modern software development to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Responsible for successfully designing and implementing systems interfaces and technologies
QualificationsBachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience6+ years experience in related field preferredWorking knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
What is expected of you and others at this levelApplies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projectsMay contribute to the development of policies and proceduresWorks on complex projects of large scopeDevelops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectivesWork reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
Chicago Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.