Project Management Consultant- Supply Chain Operations Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
17820 Englewood Dr
Cleveland, OH 44130, US
What Program & Project Mgmt contributes to Cardinal Health
Program & Project Management is responsible for playing a key/critical role in realizing business value through the application of project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to meet project objectives.
The Project Management Consultant (PMC) is a manager-level position within the Optimization Services Consulting and Project Management Team. The PMC may travel locally up to 80% of the time in support of customer projects. A PMC will provide oversight for and perform tasks associated with improving customer’s inventory management practices. Projects will vary in length, from one week to greater than 12 months, and typically work is at the customer locations Monday through Friday weekly. A key requirement for this role is to conduct business dealings with customers in a way that creates a superior customer experience, starting with initial introductions through project completion. Commitment to deadlines and outcomes is critical.
The successful PMC is a skilled project manager and team leader, has extensive knowledge of hospital supply chains in all areas of the hospital, is a self-starter, has advanced communicationskills, is well organized, and is comfortable and experienced in contacting and conversing with business executives, materials management leadership, and clinicians. A successful PMC will possess a demonstrated ability to develop strong business relationships, have a collaborative approach in a team environment, possess strong interpersonal and communicative skills, and hold themselves accountable to the highest level of standards.
- Create detailed project plans to include timelines, key milestones, and task ownership.
- Independently manage multiple and complex implementation project plans at a hospital and system level.
- Facilitate strategic decisions to optimize implementation projects specific to the management of scope, financials, and schedule.
- Anticipate complex project risks factors by developing strategies and plans to mitigate any negative impact.
- Develop policies and procedures to achieve specific goals, which may be precedent setting.
- Resolve conflicts across assigned project team members without functional intervention
- Influence and manage expectations to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned.
- Provides operational direction and supervision to lower-level personnel resources.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 6+ years experience in related field preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
- Advanced level knowledge of all acute healthcare supply chain areas and clinical operations.
- Advanced level knowledge of all project management concepts and principles.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification and/or PMP Certification preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Exhibit a high degree of analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with a solution-oriented approach.
- Track record of consistently meeting performance goals.
- Ability to travel 80%+ of time locally.
- Must provide proof of, andmaintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox), Annual TB/PPD (skin test),Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis, and Covid-19
- A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes: 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Please Note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
- Works on projects of large scope.
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact.
- Independently determines method for completion of assigned projects.
- Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives.
- Completes work independently, completely, and accurately
- Receives general guidance on new projects.
- Provides guidance to lower-level personnel resources.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.