Nuclear Pharmacy Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
16310 Raymer St
Van Nuys, CA 91406, US
What Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective coordination of Cardinal Health's pharmacy operations that service acute care hospitals, hospital retail customers, ambulatory care and alternate site facilities, oncology and cardiology practices as well as retail customers.
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines; may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy. Licensed.
The primary purpose of the Tech II, Nuclear Pharmacy is to assist the pharmacist in pharmacy operations and customer interactions, including answering questions and relaying information to physicians and pharmacists. The Tech II, Nuclear Pharmacy participates in all aspects of facility and equipment preparation, including inventory management and performing and recording all tasks as mandated by law. As part of operating in a nuclear pharmacy, this job assists in compounding of drugs in line with manufacturer specifications, performing quality checks, and participating in the dispensing process. In addition, this job assists in order preparation, entry and fulfillment as well as completing ad hoc tasks, as required.
- Pay Rate: $24.00 per hour
- Bonus eligible: No
- Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
- Assists pharmacist in preparing facility for daily operations through cleaning, equipment testing, maintenance of inventory, restocking, and preparing reports and other records.
- Follows standard operating procedures to organize, prepare and dispense radioactive medications, as specified by manufacturers and in line with customer needs.
- Collects and processes customer orders to ensure efficient communication and timely delivery of medications to patients.
- Performs administrative pharmacy tasks, such as billing, answering questions and assisting customers to facilitate pharmacy operations and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains pharmacy safety through following and recording completion of daily infection control procedures.
- Assists in training and development of staff through mentorship of pharmacy tech trainees.
- 1-2 years of experience
- High school degree or GED
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.