Manager, Strategic Sourcing Global Products (Pumps) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Global Procurement is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers, and patients.
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing Global Products develops and executes strategic plans by clearly understanding the spend and stakeholder landscape, leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through end-to-end category management bringing the best available value through assurance of supply, quality, service levels, innovation, and cost, achieved through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation. The core competences for this impactful role are:
- Develops deep industry insights leveraging outside-in supply market intelligence and industry insights
- Strategic thinking to develop longer-range supply strategies and plans that drive significant value while meeting the business requirements
- Deep stakeholder engagement to influence business decisions relevant to the category strategy
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills to drive continuous progress against the strategic category plans
- Sets aggressive continuous improvement goals for assigned categories and explores a broad set of value levers to deliver on targets
- Functions as Subject Matter Expert for assigned categories
- Manage a portfolio of Electromechanical Pumps including devices for compression therapy, enteral feeding and negative pressure wound therapy in support of the medical business. This portfolio is primarily commercialized under the Cardinal Health brand and category Spend is >$100M annually.
- Development and execution of global Medical supply strategies to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with business objectives.
Preferred QualificationsBA, BS, or equivalent experience in related field7-10 years relevant engineering, manufacturing and/or procurement experienceMedical products experienceStrong project and process management to execute category supply strategy with cross functional teams.Expertise with contract requirements to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with category strategy.Familiarity with manufacturing, quality and supply chain processes to support supplier selection and performance management.Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscape
What is expected of you and others at this level?Applies advanced knowledge and an understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projectsParticipates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goalsRecommends new practices, processes, metrics, or modelWorks on or may lead complex projects of large scopeProjects may have significant and long-term impactProvides solutions that may set precedentIndependently determines method for completion of new projectsReceived guidance on overall project objectivesActs as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
The Colorado Department of Labor requires all employers to provide the following information for all positions that could be performed in the state of Colorado
Anticipated salary range: $87,000 - $135,000
Bonus eligible: Yes
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.