Manager, Payer Accounts Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
505 Market St
West Des Moines, IA 50266, US
Responsible for contributing to strategies that drive the success of our payer client relationships, developing a high performing Payer Accounts team and operational oversight of the organization’s payer accounts.
- Builds, strengthens, and maintains trusted business relationships through effective communication and interpersonal skills that support the ability to influence key client stakeholders and decision-makers at all levels.
- Acts as a client advocate, with responsibility for maximizing payer client satisfaction, client retention and service performance.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of client implementations, operations, and business needs.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of the processes, objectives, and challenges of the Payer Account team.
- Create and maintains a robust Strategic Account Management approach.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates client business needs on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Develops a high performing Payer Accounts team following established organizational policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ensure Payer Accounts team is effectively managing client programs and initiatives to the best of our abilities to maintain and improve client satisfaction.
- Sets clear goals and objectives and uses metrics to measure performance and hold the Payer Accounts team accountable.
- Participates in payer client onsite and strategic meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years healthcare account management; managed care experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization, demonstrating professionalism and good judgment at all times.
- Strong planning and presentation skills.
- Track record of building trusted relationships.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Technical proficiency related to PC and basic office software.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time.
- A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
The job description above is intended to describe the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. Other responsibilities may arise or be required to accomplish the needs of the business. Job responsibilities are subject to change for personal growth, organizational development, and/or evolution of new technologies.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.