Manager, Flexible Plastics Strategic Sourcing (Bags, Covers, Other) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Global Procurement is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Reporting to the Director of Flexible Plastics, the Manager, Strategic Sourcing Flexible Plastics leads the development and execution of the strategic plans by clearly understanding the spend and stakeholder landscape, leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through end-to-end category management bringing the best available value through assurance of supply, quality, service levels, innovation and cost, achieved through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation. The core competences for this impactful role are:
- Develops deep industry insights leveraging outside-in supply market intelligence and industry insights
- Strategic thinking to develop longer-range supply strategies and plans that drive significant value while meeting the business requirements
- Deep stakeholder engagement to influencing business decisions relevant to the category strategy
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills to drive continuous progress against the strategic category plans
- Sets aggressive continuous improvement goals for assigned categories and explores a broad set of value levers to deliver on targets
- Functions as Subject Matter Expert for assigned categories
- Manage a portfolio of flexible plastic-based products utilized in support of the medical segment businesses, which include finished goods commercialized under a vendor brand or the Cardinal Health brand and/or as components for downstream manufacturing and kitting. Products include bags and covers for: patient belonging, specimen collection, urology, waste management, transport, sterilization pouch covers, blood pressure cuffs or bladders, dust covers, etc.
Preferred QualificationsBachelor’s Degree or related job experience preferred At least 7-10 years of experience in developing targets, developing global strategic sourcing strategies and delivering breakthrough levels of performance improvement across a portfolio of assigned categories for an FDA-regulated medical device manufacturer or a healthcare company with annual sales in excess of $5 billion.Experience developing and implementing requirements/change management methodologies to execute strategic sourcing activities.At least 7 years of experience developing and implementing requirements to execute and enhance day to day sourcing activities.Detailed knowledge of the strategic sourcing procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices and methods and can demonstrate how this knowledge has been applied to optimize category profitability and supplier performance.Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.Experience with Flexible Plastics sourcing for Bags, Handle Covers and other categories.Strong project and process management to execute supply strategy for assigned categories with cross functional teams.Expertise with contract requirements to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with category strategy.Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word, and familiarity with Tableau.Experience of leading global cross-functional teams within a large matrix organization.Familiarity with manufacturing, quality, and supply chain processes to support supplier selection and performance management.Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscapeWilling to travel at least 25% for business purposes (domestically and internationally).
What is expected of you and others at this levelApplies advanced knowledge and an understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projectsParticipates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goalsRecommends new practices, processes, metrics or modelWorks on or may lead complex projects of large scopeProjects may have significant and long-term impactProvides solutions that may set precedentIndependently determines method for completion of new projectsReceived guidance on overall project objectivesActs as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
The Colorado Department of Labor requires all employers to provide the following information for all positions that could be performed in the state of Colorado
Anticipated salary range: $87,000 - $135,000
Bonus eligible: Yes
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.