Machine Operator - 1st Shift Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
1222 Sherwood Rd
Norfolk, NE 68701, US
Shift for this position is: 7:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Friday
What Machine Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications
- determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup
- uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds
- measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
- fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- High School Diploma, GED or 1-3 months related work /training experience required
What is expected of you and others at this levelApplies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned areaMaintains appropriate licenses, training and certificationsWorks on basic and routine assignmentsWorks within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methodsAdheres to all quality guidelinesWorks under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracyAny deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.