IT Infrastructure Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
As a senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be working in a challenging environment, supporting the business in day-to-day operations, as well as facilitating business changes.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, maintain, continuously improve, and support both internal and client-facing IT infrastructure, including servers, storage, networks, and AWS environment.
- Provide the technological foundation for the organization’s day-to-day operations
- Minimizing IT outages requires constant upkeep of the network infrastructure.
- Handle updates, upgrades, and other maintenance tasks in both hardware and software areas
- Look for ways to make the network and infrastructure more efficient, cost-effective, and secure
- Partnering with core infrastructure team to bring best practices into the platform
- Managing infrastructure within Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2 and RDS
- Creating user and IAM accounts to ensure system security by careful allocation of least privilege permissions
- Creating a backup and recovery strategy for databases, and regularly testing the backups to ensure usability
- Monitoring database systems and related applications.
- Creating reports by querying from database (as per need)
- Monitoring and optimizing the database’s performance using either manual or automated tools
- Establish a microservices plan with regard to data services
- Set up integration environments, and provision databases for new projects.
- Continuously monitor and optimize performance
- Plan for downtime and high availability using multiple data center disaster recovery capabilities.
- Manage/support SSRS in a multi-tier architecture.
- Triaging and resolving production issues as per SLA’s
- Planning for and allocating the database system’s physical requirements, such as memory, disk space, network requirements, etc.
- Partnering with product teams to build new CI/CD tools techniques to automate build/deploy pipeline
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
Non – Technical SkillsAbility to work with peer groups, customers and suppliers to understand needs and requirements Good verbal and written communications Team Player – Ability to work well with team members to achieve the desired results and outcomes Driven and self-motivated to learn new technologies and achieve objectives Ability to work independently and multitaskGood organization skills Committed to meet internal and external customer expectations
Qualifications:Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science or equivalent work experience Minimum 5+ years of Infrastructure engineer experience in delivering Infrastructure needs in an agile software development methodology
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.