Enterprise MDM Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
7000 Cardinal Place
Dublin, OH 43017, US
What Application Development & Maintenance contributes to Cardinal Health
Information Technology oversees the effective development, delivery, and operation of computing and information services. This function anticipates, plans, and delivers Information Technology solutions and strategies that enable operations and drive business value.
Application Development & Maintenance performs configuration or coding to develop, enhance and sustain the organization's software systems in a cross-functional team environment through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering practices. This job family programs and configures end user applications, systems, databases, and websites to achieve the organization's internal needs and externally facing business needs. Application Development & Maintenance partners with business leaders, investigates user needs and conducts regular assessments, maintenance, and enhancements of existing applications.
What is expected of you and others at this level
· Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
· May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
· Works on complex projects of large scope
· Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
· Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
· Completes work; independently receives general guidance on new projects
· Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
· May function as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Responsibilities in this role:
• Contribute to software development, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents.
• Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
• Estimate high level business requirements and provide options from analysis.
• Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
• Works with Enterprise Architects, Solution and Product Owners to develop detailed technical architecture, patterns, and designs for MDM initiative.
• Provides solution architecture to various projects in adherence to the overall MDM Strategy and Roadmap
• Provide Master Data technical consultation for S/4 MDG work stream, experience in the Material, Customer & Supplier data models is highly desirable.
• Deliver technical artifacts with high quality that adhere to the Master Data Strategy, Roadmap and the Business need – Includes SAP Configuration, Customization and deployment activities.
• Experience with FIORI App design/build and ABAP would be a plus.
• Prior build experience with APIs and integrations would be a plus.
• Working exposure with middleware tools e.g., Kafka, Dell Boomi, APIGEE, SLT, Attunity is nice to have.
• Works with Enterprise Architects, Solution and Product Owners to develop detailed technical architecture, patterns, and designs for MDM initiative
• Provide technical leadership/subject matter expertise to the delivery team
• Provide technical solutions for complex Master Data Management Solutions to ensure delivery of solution with high quality
• Ability to handle multiple projects across business domains.
• Ability to weigh Risk & ROI against Schedule & Budget considerations and provide recommendations.
• Promote collaboration and deliver quality documentation.
• Familiarity with multiple development methodologies.
• Work on POCs in emerging technologies to validate the needs of business solution.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
· 4+ years’ experience in related field preferred
· Experience with involvement in application development, data architecture, system integration
· Experience in implementing Data strategies or Data Management service
· Experience in data integration technologies like ALE, IDOCs, SOA and Web Services
· Understanding of distribution or Healthcare industry and knowledge of their business practices would be helpful
· Expertise in enhancement framework using BADIs, User-Exits and Enhancement-Spots.
· Experience in Master Data Management technologies (SAP MDG, S4 HANA).
· Experience in ABAP object-oriented programming preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.