Director of Pharmacy Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
2221 West Elm Street
Rawlins, WY 82301, US
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective coordination of Cardinal Health's pharmacy operations that service acute care hospitals, hospital retail customers, ambulatory care and alternate site facilities, oncology and cardiology practices as well as retail customers.
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
The Director, Pharmacy plans, organizes and directs all functions of the hospital pharmacy services. This job assures all legal, regulatory, and accrediting requirements are maintained at the best demonstrated practice. The Director, Pharmacy maintains a professional presence throughout the hospital and develops relationships with hospital clinical and non-clinical leaders. This job assures pharmacy services and activities are carried out to meet goals and standards of both Cardinal Health and the client/hospital. In addition to providing managerial leadership to the pharmacy, the Director, Pharmacy maintains financial responsibility for the pharmacy and ensures the department delivers on hospital goals and objectives.
Cardinal Health manages the pharmacy at Memorial Hospital of Carbon County and we are currently recruiting for a Director of Pharmacy. Schedule would be Monday-Friday 7:30AM-4PM.
- Manages the pharmacy budget and all aspects related to the financial program including profit and loss responsibility.
- Participates in hospital committee meetings necessary to enhance practice and patient care.
- Conducts one on one and team meetings with pharmacy staff to review performance and provide coaching as necessary.
- Purchases drugs and supplies in accordance with GPO bids and Cardinal Health best demonstrated practices.
- Maintains the pharmacy scheduling in addition to hiring, firing and performance management of pharmacy staff members.
- Develops, maintains, and updates a pharmacy Policy and Procedure manual for the department to ensure alignment with legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs pharmacy related tasks including filling and taking orders in compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Pharmacy Degree (B.S. or PharmD)
- Active Wyoming state pharmacist license (or ability to obtain prior to employment)
- 1-3 years related pharmacy experience in an Inpatient/Hospital/LTAC or Rehab environment highly preferred.
- Infusion clinic experience preferred
- Prior management experience highly preferred
- 340B programming experience preferred
- A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, front line supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.