Consultant, Inventory Management Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
233 Mason Road
La Vergne, TN 37086, US
Monday-Friday 6am-2:30pm (or until task is complete) (the schedule may allow some flexibility as well)
What Inventory Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations is responsible for materials handling and product distribution in a distribution or manufacturing environment. Includes warehousing and fulfillment of materials and products, transportation, inventory management as well as demand, supply and manufacturing planning.
Inventory Management is accountable for the design and execution of demand planning and customer forecasting systems, supply planning, product deployment and expediting processes, and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements.
The Consultant, Inventory Management supports the Managers and Supervisors of the site’s Inventory Management team by conducting specialized analyses of inventory and supplier data and warehouse operations. Serving as a subject matter expert and centralized resource for complex analyses, the Consultant uses inventory management technologies to optimize profiling and stocking of products, check supplier deductions, and analyze processes to inform operational improvements. While this job’s specific duties will vary on the needs of a specific facility, the Consultant contributes to the facility’s profitability and risk mitigation.
- Provides inputs for Sourcing costs and negotiations related to a supplier agreement. Discusses projected costs with the Manager and supports the Manager in discussing these costs with Sourcing teams as necessary.
- Analyzes product profiling and stocking in order to optimize inventory management within the facility and to support the resolution of shipping discrepancies.
- Supports Manager and Supervisors with ad-hoc requests for metrics and process-level analyses to support evaluation and improvement of warehouse operations. Creates automated processes to provide Supervisors and Manager new data on a regular basis.
- Regularly reviews supplier data and transactions in order to validate deductions provided to suppliers and ensure the facility’s compliance to agreements.
- Liaises with enterprise teams for Operational Excellence, Sourcing, and other teams to evaluate operational improvements and to deploy and effectively use new technologies and capabilities.
- Enters new products and locations to the warehouse map and master data, ensuring that all necessary inputs are included.
- Provides regular updates to the Manager and/or Supervisors and ensures internal alignment on long-term projects.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less-experienced Inventory Management Analysts and Senior Analysts, partnering with them to carry out complex projects.
- 4-8 years of experience
- BA, BS or equivalent experience in related field. (preferred)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.