Consultant, Communications Business Partner Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
What Communications Business Partners contributes to Cardinal Health
Communications Business Partners are responsible for developing and implementing strategies/plans focused on communications management, customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Creates, manages and executes communication strategies and tactics in support of business objectives.
- Writes communication deliverables such as white papers, advocacy pieces, newsletter articles, scripts, talking points, internal announcements, promotional materials, social media postings, etc.
- Develops and implements promotional programs in strategic alignment with business plans.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of communications principles and methodologies.
- Counsels and collaborates with stakeholders, business leaders and the Centers of Excellence within Public Affairs to execute strategies/plans that meet business needs.
- Develops effective messaging strategies to support the needs of the business in conjunction with internal and/or external resources.
- Tracks results of all initiatives against objectives and deliverables.
- Create communication deliverables such as white papers, scripts, newsletters, pitch letters, talking points, advocacy pieces, promotional materials, social media postings, etc.
- Partner with Sourcing and other internal teams to develop and distribute customer communications
- Provide guidance to leaders on effective communication methods and provide genuine, meaningful feedback
- Collaborate with leaders, staff and partners to develop and implement strategic internal and external communication plans that reflect the company’s mission, values, brand and priorities and mitigate risk
- Seek and maintain comprehensive understanding of the business/function
- Ensure clarity and consistency in the company’s external communications through effective management of corporate messaging and brand identity
- Ensure the team follows consistent Communications processes, protocols and reporting standards
- Contribute to and support the company’s crisis communication and business continuity plans, including , customer communications, supplier communications and stakeholder engagement
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the company’s outside agencies and consultants that support Communications and the business
- Understand and apply the principles, tools and processes for systematic continuous improvement
Employee Communication and Engagement
- Contribute to corporate communication vehicles and strategies, and provide writing support for major internal announcements related to the business/function
- Develop forums and processes for all employees to engage in dialogue with management about company plans, policies and actions
- Support forums and processes that engage customers and suppliers in dialogue with management that advance the company plans, policies and actions.
- Create and oversee content on the segment’s/BU’s/function’s intranet site
- Develop effective, consistent and relevant employee messaging around segment/BU/function goals, business initiatives, strategic plans, and role of employees in implementing our strategies
- Helps to produce employee communication events, such as town hall meetings and senior leadership meetings
- Demonstrate media savvy and, in partnership with the Public Relations CoE, develop the media relations strategy to support business objectives
- Understand how/when to use social media
- Recognize and create appropriate communications opportunities in partnership with Public Relations
- Coach leadership on effective media relations and presentation skills, or reinforce external coaching
Marketing Communication and Branding
- Support and promote the corporate brand in all communications and ensure consistency of message
- In partnership with Marketing, contribute to the marketing communication strategy to support marketing objectives
- Develop an effective, proactive communication strategy relative to customers and suppliers, and respond promptly to issues affecting customers and suppliers
- Counsel senior executives and other stakeholders on critical communication issues
- Work with senior leadership to anticipate and respond to urgent issues
- Create and coordinate executive messages for external and internal stakeholders
- Draft executive announcements and public statements, write speeches, develop presentations and compile preparatory documents
- Provide support for external presentations, corporate messaging and development of executive communication with employees
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 5-7 years in a communications, journalism, or public relations related role preferred
- External communications experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Applied knowledge in working with online communications and social media
- Knowledge of effective branding strategies and plans for implementation
What is expected of you and others at this levelApplies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projectsMay contribute to the development of policies and proceduresWorks on complex projects of large scopeDevelops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectivesCompletes work independently receives general guidance on new projectsWork reviewed for purpose of meeting objectivesMay act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Anticipated salary range: $63,200-90,300
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.