Job Description Job Attributes+
1405 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA 70121, US
What Nuclear Manufacturing contributes to Cardinal Health
Nuclear Manufacturing is responsible for the manufacturing of time sensitive radiopharmaceuticals in an integrity driven, highly regulated environment (i.e. FDA, NRC, DOT) to support patient treatment through disease diagnosis, staging, and monitoring.
The primary work environment consists of a cyclotron and associated manufacturing facility for the production of PET radiopharmaceuticals, which must be kept clean, orderly, properly lighted and maintained in optimum operating condition. Employees handle radioactive materials and are exposed to very low amounts of radiation that are deemed safe by current standards. The facility is operated under well-controlled and closely monitored conditions that are regulated by both State and Federal agencies, and that are enforced by the corporate internal quality and regulatory group. Each staff member will receive specific training in keeping radiation exposures within regulatory guidelines and he/she will be routinely monitored for their exposure to radiation. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
Accountabilities in this role Successfully complete extensive training, including e-learning assignments and hands on components, to demonstrate and maintain proficiency
- Ability to execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with
current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) requirements including Good
Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Ability to manage inventory
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with SOPs
- Ability to perform general maintenance and cleaning of equipment and facility
- Work in partnership with cross functional teams to ensure product/production
expectations and demands are met
- Disciplined approach to adhering to a large volume of SOPs, with the ability to
adapt to process improvement
- Ability to learn and utilize technology to support manufacturing processes
- Must be knowledgeable on analyzing chemical chromatography data and be able to troubleshoot analytical equipment (ie Gas chromatography and HPLC)
- Must have experience performing quality control testing on product samples
A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Please Note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
This position is benefit eligible the first day of employment. This includes medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, education assistance, 401K and more!
Schedule 40 hours per week. The typical schedule is Monday through Friday from 3:00a to 11:00a. Candidate may be required to work different days, hours, and schedules based on business needs.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and work as a member of a team
What is expected of you and others at this levelApplies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasksWorks on projects of limited scope and complexityFollows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problemsWorks under direct supervision and receives detailed instructionsDevelops competence by performing structured work assignments
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.