Advisor, Retail Independent Deal Management Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
What Revenue Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Revenue Management is responsible for developing, communicating, and leading the execution of business strategy and customer profitability through pricing and value-capturing activities at both the strategic and tactical levels. Serves as an effective liaison with senior executive management, marketing, legal, finance, sales, and IT.
• Demonstrates knowledge and experience with pricing processes, systems, and controls and implements as necessary.
• Prepares and extracts data and information from multiple internal and external sources and leverages to develop and execute pricing strategies
• Demonstrates knowledge of customer deal economics, financial modeling techniques, and related pricing strategies.
• Works effectively across functions such as IT, Marketing and Finance to design and implement new or enhancements to existing processes, systems, and tools.
• Communicates effectively across the organization regarding profit opportunities and key pricing insights.
• Market customer proposals, deal strategies, and overall Revenue Management concepts to both internal and external audiences
• Develops, communicates, and monitors price recommendations and guardrails for deals and products by performing basic pricing analysis or leveraging and synthesizing advanced analytics of internal and external intelligence.
• Develops, implements, and maintains pricing programs designed to enhance pricing margin.
Accountabilities:Support the Pharmaceutical distribution Retail and Alternate Care classes of trade by developing deals for existing and new business opportunities both with Kinray business and in the East region.Partners with Sales, Operations, Finance, and other key functions to create financial models for customer proposals, understand key drivers of profitability, and effectively communicate recommendations to senior management.Performs customer and product profitability analysis.Identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth, increase profitability, and limit potential risk from future changes in business or product mix.Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analysis, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using analytics and business understanding.Facilitates the deal approval process to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.Assist the contract COE team with ensuring that approved financials are incorporated into customer agreements.
QualificationsExperience should include 3+ years of work in Finance, Revenue Management, Commercial and/or Strategy rolesTrack record of achieving results and the ability to clearly identify and communicate a vision and strategySuccess in working closely with business and sales leaders on profit-generation strategies and introducing new approaches into the marketplaceStrong personal drive to excel and set an example for teams across the organizationPersonal inquisitiveness to find opportunities to grow enterprise profitabilityBachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
What is expected of you and others at this levelWorks cohesively with team to implement best practices and strategiesInteracts with senior managementPersuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationshipsDemonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems
The Colorado Department of Labor requires all employers to provide the following information for all positions that could be performed in the state of Colorado
Anticipated salary range: $73,000 - $$88,000
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.